****The owners of the Bed and Breakfast on U Street have decided to close this B&B. Check out their other property, Meridian Manor B&B, less than 2 blocks away. Click here for more information on Meridian Manor ****
About Bed and Breakfast on U Street
“Exceptional location...”, “Quality appointed guestrooms...”, and “Genuine personal service...”, are just some of the accolades our guests have bestowed upon the Bed and Breakfast on U. Street.
We opened the B&B in the fall of 2005. Since then, we have enjoyed guests from all over the world, made countless friendships, and have enjoyed the unique perspective these guests bring to our home, enough so, that we purchased and opened a second B&B, Meridian Manor, just a little over a block away. Here at the Bed and Breakfast on U Street, visitors enjoy a choice of 5 accommodations. In the main part of the house, there are 2 guest rooms, each with a private bath and 2 guest rooms that share a bath. There is also an English basement guest suite, with a private entrance, private living room, bedroom, bath and small kitchenette. The home is furnished with a mix of contemporary and Victorian furniture, but uncluttered flair. We provide complimentary WiFi to all rooms, televisions with cable to each room and an expanded continental plus breakfast each morning.
The B&B is centrally located just north of Dupont Circle on U. Street, Washington’s newest hip neighborhood. (Map this location now). Visitors will find many great restaurants, unique shopping, as well as plenty of the basics, pharmacies, convenience stores, dry cleaners, Starbuck’s and Caribou Coffee café's, Vida gym and Whole Foods grocery. Access to the city’s Metro is 4 blocks (6-8 minute walk) at the Cardozo station for the green/yellow line. From here 2 stations brings you to the heart of Washington’s Convention Center, or 2 more stations to the National Mall and Smithsonian’s. On foot, we are less than 10 minutes to the Hilton Towers convention hotel or the Dupont Circle station for the Red line Metro.
Make a reservation now.
- We welcome well-behaved children of all ages and can provide a “Pack and Play” for an infant.
- We have 1 off street parking space which must be reserved in advance ($15 per night).
- All rooms have individually controlled window air-conditioning for the warmer months.
- Complimentary continental plus breakfast is served each morning including: fresh pastries, seasonal fruit, choice cereals, yogurt, piping hot coffee, select teas and juice. (Note, breakfast is not included with the garden suite, as it has it's own kitchenette)
- Complimentary WiFi access.
- Comfortable living room and parlor for guest use.
- Convenient location, minutes from the Metro, close to shopping and restaurants.
- Room choices to meet your budget needs.
- 1 night reservations can sometimes be accommodated depending on the calendar. Add $20 to the posted rate.